Little Angels Child Care
Position: UPK Teacher
Location: 2645 Harlem Road, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Job Description: UPK Teacher needed in highest quality private Early Childhood Program in Cheektowaga. Flexible hours, generous pay, benefits, and great working conditions.
Requirements: Applicants must have knowledge and experience working with children in a child care setting, be kind, enthusiastic, and nurturing and be able to follow and apply Pre-K curriculum and elements of early childhood development of different age groups as well as working well with other team members.
To Apply: Contact us at Little Angels Child Care, 2645 Harlem Road, Cheektowaga, NY 14225; 716-896-2330; or send your resume to: email@example.com
Happy Times Day Care Center
Location: 21 Church St., Lockport, NY 14094
Job Description: Oversee and supervise all areas of center including supervision, direction, promotion, parent relations, curriculum, scheduling, enrollment, safety, hiring, terminating, and evaluation of staff.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degreee, must meet OCFS requirements.
Days/Hours: Available 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (specific schedule discussed during interviews).
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: E-mail resume and salary requirements to Caroline Organ at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Foundation for Western & Central New York
Position: PEDALS Early Childhood Coach
Location: PEDALS programs in Western New York
Job Description: The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York is seeking to contract with early childhood coaches for its PEDALS program in Western New York. PEDALS Early Childhood Coach Scope of Work:
- Provide coaching to teachers and classroom staff on site at participating early childhood programs. This includes classroom observation and feedback; modeling of instruction; general consultation regarding effective application of social emotional curriculum, classroom management, and use of the screening/assessment tool; and technical assistance on data collection and entry as needed.
- Work regularly with participating program directors and administration to provide technical assistance and coaching in the implementation of PEDALS.
- Serve as a main point of contact for the PEDALS program with administration and classroom teachers, including communicating PEDALS expectations to teachers.
- Complete classroom observation forms and submit electronically on a monthly basis.
- Participate in regular PEDALS staff meetings.
- Assist in planning and carrying out PEDALS training events.
- Assist early childhood programs with sustainability activities.
- Attend coaching trainings.
- Participate in PEDALS evaluation activities.
- A personal commitment to improving the quality of early childhood education and the social emotional development of young children.
- Bachelor's degree required (Bachelor's degree in early childhood, or elementary education with early childhood minor/annotation preferred).
- At least three years of experience teaching in an early childhood setting (ages 3-5 years) preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a supervisory, coaching, and/or mentoring role in an early childhood setting (ages 3-5 years) preferred.
- More - please see official posting below.
Days/Hours: Varies - the PEDALS contract will run July 2017 through June 2019. Coach trainings will take place in the months of July and August 2017 (trainings will be compensated). Hours as of September 2017 will range between 20 and 100 per month, and will vary based on project need (note, there is some flexibility in the number of classrooms that each coach will work, therefore some flexibility in the number of hours worked by the coach).
Compensation: PEDALS coaches will be independent contractors. The consulting rate will be $40-$55 per hour, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: E-mail a cover letter and current resume to PEDALS@hfwcny.org by June 26.
To see the full job posting, please click HERE.
Early Childhood Programs Specialist
Location: Buffalo Zoo, 300 Parkside Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214
Job Description: This individual is responsible for all aspects of the Buffalo Zoo's Preschool, including curriculum development, classroom instruction, and administrative duties. In addition, this person will aid in summer and seasonal zoo education department programming.
Educational Requirements: Four year degree in education (early childhood preferred); Master's degree in education a plus; training in Reggio-Emilia inspired approach to education highly preferred.
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. during school year; flexible summer schedule
Compensation: Dependent upon experience; full benefits package
Start Date: August 2017
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
ATTN Curator of Education
300 Parkside Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14214
Location: Buffalo State Child Care Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY
Job Description: The teacher, in conjunction with his/her co-teacher, shall implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum. This highest health and safety standards are a priority.
Educational Requirements: B.S. in Associates degree in ECE or a related field, one year experience working with infants or toddlers.
Days/Hours: M-Th 8:30-5:30, Fri 8:30-12:30 (40 hours)
Compensation: Comprehensive benefits package
Start date: Immediate
To apply: E-mail resume to Jennifer Minet at email@example.com
Position: Education Specialist
Location: Family Help Center - 60 Digens Street, Buffalo, NY 14206
Job Description: Family Help Center Daycare has an opening for their Education Specialist position. The Education Specialist is responsible to oversee lesson plans that implement age-appropriate activities, nurture, teach and care for children who have not yet entered Kindergarten. Education Specialist will learn an evidence-based program (Teacher-Child Interaction Training / TCIT) that ensures a higher quality of care, including creating a positive environment with more support and fewer interruptions, helping children gain social and emotional strength; limiting classroom disruptions and helping children reach their potential by focusing on progress – not failure. The Education Specialist is responsible for the direct care and safety of the children in the Daycare Program.
Education Requirements: Current New York State Teaching Certification Birth through Grade 2, Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent. Minimum of two years of child care, early childhood, or related programs. Must complete a minimum of 30 hours of training every two years.
Days/Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Compensation: Salaried position.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter (including salary requirement) and resume to Family Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Family Help Center, Attention DAYCARE, 60 Digens Street, Buffalo, NY 14206
To learn more about this position, and to learn about all of the job responsibilities, please see the full job posting.
Position: Coordinator, Early Childhood Program
Job Description: Provide technical assistance and training to early childhood professionals to help identify children with developmental delays and support the inclusion of children with special needs in typical child care programs.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in education or related field; Early childhood education experience and knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices; Experience working with children with special needs; Valid driver's license and ability to travel to WNY counties; Full-time availability with some weekend and evening hours.
- Provide on-site and telephone assistance and follow-up to child care programs in WNY (Erie, Niagara, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Allegany, Orleans and Wyoming counties) for appropriate referrals and developmentally appropriate strategies to include children with special needs successfully
- Provide training to child care providers in all WNY counties on early childhood special education, inclusion strategies, developmental milestones and red flags, behavior strategies, communication with parents and other relevant topics
- Provide information, referral and follow-up to parents of children 0-5 and professionals who work with children 0-5
- Represent ECDC and Kaleida Health on relevant early childhood committees
How to Apply: E-mail resume to Kim Suminski, ECDC Program Manager - email@example.com
Location: 1005 Grant Street, Buffalo, NY
Job Description: The lead teacher works alongside the director to create an environment that addresses all developmental domains. He/she is required to prepare and implement DAP lesson plans that promote individuality while using an approved management system.
Educational Requirements: B.S. in Early Childhood or related degree, Associates in Early Childhood or related degree.
Days/Hours: Full time
To Apply: Send a cover letter and detailed resume displaying your most job-specific qualities. Please include accurate contact information and send to Sandie McCoulf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time PreSchool Teacher
Location: 1287 Military Road, Kenmore, NY 14217
Job Description: Preschool teacher duties include planning and implementing lessons, maintaining an orderly classroom, consistent routines, distributing meals & snacks, following center guidelines and caring for, teaching, and communicating with small children based on their individual needs.
Educational Requirements: 3-5 years teaching or child care center experience and high school diploma or equivalent a must. CDA or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education is a plus.
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
State Date: ASAP
Compensation: Dependent on experience.
How to Apply: E-mail resume to HR department: email@example.com
Posting Your Job Opening on Our Website
If you would like to post your job opening on our website you can email, mail or fax your posting at your convenience. This service is FREE for our members and $25 per posting for all others.
Email Courtney Gfroerer, Marketing and Community Impact Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the Job Posting Application. It may be completed, scanned, and e-mailed, or mailed or faxed to us at:
Child Care Resource Network
ATTN: Job Posting Requests
1000 Hertel Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14216
Fax to: (716) 877-6205
*All required information must be completed. Child Care Resource Network reserves the right to edit and format all job postings. Job openings will be posted for a maximum of four weeks, unless otherwise noted.