A child care provider can start in the CACFP after completing an Informational Session and a Pre-Approval Visit. To register for the next Informational Session, please contact us.
Upon completion of a Pre-Approval Visit, a Continuous Application and Agreement (DOH-3705) and CACFP Pre-Approval Checklist (CACFP-106) must be completed in order to participate. This will be kept on file and does not require you to complete annually. Once enrolled, providers are assigned a tier reimbursement based upon one of the following three (3) rates:
1. Tier I – You will qualify for higher rates based on census, school or income. All meals will be reimbursed at the Tier 1.
2. Tier II – You do not qualify for Tier I rates. All meals will be reimbursed at Tier II.
3. Mixed – You do not qualify for Tier I rates, but choose to distribute Income Eligibility Applications (DOH 4162) to your day care children. Meals for Children that satisfy the income guidelines will be reimbursed at Tier I and all others will be paid at Tier II.
To ensure your success in the program, a CACFP monitor will visit you within the first twenty-eight (28) days of participation to review the requirements of the program and to review meal claim records submitted.
Who is Eligible
1. Registered or licensed child care providers
2. Child Care Providers that are in the process of becoming a registered or licensed provider
3. Enrolled or Legally Exempt Child Care Providers
Overview of the New York State CACFP Program
For more information on getting started in CACFP, please contact us.