Looking to take classes, but having trouble affording it? You can help you pay for your education. New York State Child Care Educational Incentive Program (EIP) is a scholarship program designed to assist child care providers to get the training and education they need to provide high-quality care to children.
You may be eligible to access up to $2,000 per year. Eligibility is based on your employment, income, and type of education or training you choose.
Once you have registered for classes, seminars, or conferences, apply for an EIP scholarship.
To request an application, or learn more about this program, call 1-800-295-9616.
- If your courses start between January 1 and June 30, you must submit your application no later than June 1.
- If your courses start between July 1 and December 30, you must submit your application between May 15 and December 1.
- Any applications received after these deadlines will be returned.
Who IS eligible to apply?
- A registered family day care home provider or assistant(s)
- A licensed group family day care home provider or assistant(s)
- Child care employees in a registered school-age program
- Child care employees in a licensed child care center
Who is NOT eligible to apply?
- Substitutes for a family day care home
- Substitutes for a group family day care home
- Adjunct child care staff, consultants and staff not counted in the adult/child ratio
- Legally exempt programs
- No Permit Required (NPR) programs
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident or resident alien authorized to work in the US
- Must be a paid employee currently caring for children as part of the adult/child ratio requirement in a child day care program licensed or registered by NYS OCFS or NYC DOHMH
EIP pays for:
- Non-credit bearing training
- College tuition and mandatory college fees
- Training and assessment fees associated with certain credential or certificate programs
- All courses taken as part of an early childhood or related degree program Training or course work must clearly reflect 1 or more of the 9 topic areas that are required by the NYS Social Services Law and NYS OCFS regulations
EIP does NOT pay for:
- The same training more than once in a single year
- Books and/or training materials
- Elective student fees, room or board
- Test fees and examination preparation
Notes of interest:
- EIP scholarships will be awarded until funding is depleted or the scholarship year ends, whichever comes first
- EIP reserves the right to prioritize scholarship awards based on course type
- Child day care providers may apply for multiple trainings per year until they reach their award maximum
- EIP applicants are responsible for any tuition and costs not covered by EIP