In 2012, more than one-third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese. Childhood obesity is an epidemic in our country, but you can help fight it here in Western New York. The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federal program that reimburses child care providers for providing healthy meals and snacks to the children in their care. More than 3.3 million children participate in CACFP and receive healthy meals and snacks each day.
Why Should You Participate?
1. You may be eligible to receive approximately $90 per month, per child in reimbursements of serving the children in your care healthy meals
2. It will enhance the quality of care you provide
3. CACFP encourages healthy eating habits in children
4. Receive free nutritional training, recipes, and resources for preparing meals
What You Need To Know:
1. It is free to participate in CACFP
2. Breakfast, lunch, supper, and morning, afternoon, and late-night snacks may be reimbursed
3. A maximum of two (2) meals and one (1) snack OR one (1) meal and two (2) snacks may be claimed per child, per day
Who Can Participate in CACFP?
1. If you are a registered or licensed child care provider
2. If you are in the process of becoming registered or licensed
3. If you are an enrolled informal or legally exempt providers
How to Get Started in CACFP
If you're a legally exempt provider, school-age program, or family/group family child care provider that would like to become enrolled in CACFP, call our office at 716-877-6666 ext. 3093.
Below are recommended nutrition and health resources for all providers: