Child Care Resource Network (CCRN) is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization located in Buffalo, New York, that works to help families find child care, educate and empower child care providers, and advocate for the children of Erie County and Western New York. Throughout Erie County, we conduct inspections to ensure providers are following regulations. CCRN also assists in opening child care centers and continues to support them with a wide variety of services.
Established in 1987 as a child care resource and referral agency devoted to the child care and education needs of Western New Yorkers, CCRN has played an integral role in the impact area of childhood development and education, and has paid particular attention to services that meet the needs of economically challenged and underserved segments of the community.
Our mission is to promote quality, affordable, accessible care and learning for all children by supporting and empowering families, caregivers, education professionals, and employers. We live our mission every day by:
- Working with families at no charge to help them find child care ( including before- and after-school programs, head start programs, summer camps, school-age programs, etc.)
- Providing families with information and resources on how to help pay for child care and make it more affordable, as well as what high-quality child care looks like and how to recognize it
- Providing training, professional development, and credentialing for child care and school-age care providers
- Developing quality improvement plans for child care providers and school-age programs
- Registering and monitoring family and school-age child care programs to ensure they align with New York State regulatory requirements
- Encouraging healthy meals and nutritious eating for children by administering the Child and Adult Care Food Program to child care providers
- Assisting legally exempt child care providers with enrollment
- Advocating for high-quality, affordable, and accessible care on a local, state, and federal level