Registering & Paying for Training
Financial Assistance for Training
VOICE Professional Development Program
Get state approved training to meet enrollment/registration/licensing requirements AT NO COST TO YOU with participating training organizations by using the CSEA/VOICE Professional Development Training Program. There are many child care training topics and hours, delivered by participating training organizations available. This program is open to NYS Registered Family, Licensed Group Family and Legally Exempt childcare providers outside of New York City.
Educational Incentive Program (EIP) Scholarship
Looking to take classes, but having trouble affording it? You can help you pay for your education. New York State Child Care Educational Incentive Program (EIP) is a scholarship program designed to assist child care providers to get the training and education they need to provide high-quality care to children.
You may be eligible to access up to $2,500 per year. Eligibility is based on your employment, income, and type of education or training you choose.
Once you have registered for classes, seminars, or conferences, apply for an EIP scholarship.
To request an application, or learn more about this program, call 1-800-295-9616.
- If your courses start between January 1 and June 30, you must submit your application no later than June 1.
- If your courses start between July 1 and December 30, you must submit your application between May 15 and December 1.
- Any applications received after these deadlines will be returned.
To learn more or for EIP assistance, please visit the OCFS website or the Professional Development Program website: https://www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu/eip.aspx#page-top
Who IS eligible to apply?
- A registered family day care home provider or assistant(s)
- A licensed group family day care home provider or assistant(s)
- Child care employees in a registered school-age program
- Child care employees in a licensed child care center
Who is NOT eligible to apply?
- Substitutes for a family day care home
- Substitutes for a group family day care home
- Adjunct child care staff, consultants and staff not counted in the adult/child ratio
- Legally exempt programs
- No Permit Required (NPR) programs
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident or resident alien authorized to work in the US
- Must be a paid employee currently caring for children as part of the adult/child ratio requirement in a child day care program licensed or registered by NYS OCFS or NYC DOHMH
EIP pays for:
- Non-credit bearing training
- College tuition and mandatory college fees
- Training and assessment fees associated with certain credential or certificate programs
- All courses taken as part of an early childhood or related degree program Training or course work must clearly reflect 1 or more of the 9 topic areas that are required by the NYS Social Services Law and NYS OCFS regulations
EIP does NOT pay for:
- The same training more than once in a single year
- Books and/or training materials
- Elective student fees, room or board
- Test fees and examination preparation
Notes of interest:
- EIP scholarships will be awarded until funding is depleted or the scholarship year ends, whichever comes first
- EIP reserves the right to prioritize scholarship awards based on course type
- Child day care providers may apply for multiple trainings per year until they reach their award maximum
- EIP applicants are responsible for any tuition and costs not covered by EIP
Professional Development Policy & Procedures
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-nontransferable.
- A $35 fee will be charged for any returned checks.
- Registration is done online at www.wnychildren.org. We can also take registrations over the phone. Please note that class registration closes one (1) week prior to the scheduled date of the class.
- Classes may be canceled if a minimum number of registrations are not received one week prior to class start date.
- An additional $5.00 “walk-in” fee will be charged to providers who register for a class the day of the class.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the front desk to sign in.
- Please bring legal photo identification with you to class. Identification will be checked upon signing into the training.
- We offer free parking in front of our building, with additional parking across the street.
- If you need help paying for training, the Educational Incentive Program may be able to help. For information visit their website at PDP – EIP, Educational Incentive Program (albany.edu) or call them at 1-800-295-9616
- Those who walk in and register for a class after the registration period has closed will not receive a certificate until verification that all prior financial obligations with Child Care Resource Network have been met.
- Due to training requirements, we cannot issue certifications to participants who arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of instruction. Registration fees will not be returned if you are late.
- You must remain for the entire class to receive class credit and a certificate.
- You are responsible for maintaining your class certificates and training records. A fee may be required for each duplicate certificate requested.
- If a class is canceled due to bad weather, participants will be notified and a credit will be issued for 90 days. Credits will not be extended.
- Use of cell phones is not allowed during class time (unless relating to class material).
- Children are not allowed to attend classes.
- In the event of bad weather, we will list closings on: WGRZ Channel 2 – www.wgrz.com, WIVB Channel 4 – www.wivb.com, and WKBW Channel 7 – www.wkbw.com